Passport and Visa requirements
- Citizens from South-Africa, Malawi and Mauritius do not require visas. All other nationalities can apply at any of the Mozambican Embassies. Embassies in SA: Pretoria +27 12 401 0300; Johannesburg +27 11 3272943; Nelspruit +27 13 7532089.
- Passports must be valid for 6 months after entry into Mozambique.
- Although it very seldom happens, travelers could be asked to prove sufficient funds for duration of stay as well as outward documents.
- Registration documents must be kept handy since they will be asked for at any roadblock.
- If the driver is not the registered owner he will require a letter from the registered owner insofar as that he may drive the vehicle into Mozambique.
- All temporary imported vehicles must purchase third party insurance and pay road tax at the border. Hollard Sequros has offices at the garage before the border posts as well as at the Mozambican side of the border post.
- Two triangles per vehicle is compulsory.
- Vehicles towing must have yellow-on-blue triangles displayed on the front of the vehicle.